Monday, June 20, 2011

Bits and pieces, just to stay in touch with unreality

     Note to AOL:  I don't want to read about "When Bristol Palin lost her virginity."
     Nor do I think it's any of my business how whatsername -- Jimmy Carter's daughter -- saved her marriage with tantric sex. I don't even want to know what tantric sex is, which may prove me to be a closet Republican.

     As for YouTube, please, somebody, make it go away; it is the most colossal waste of time in America today. And forgive me, those of you sent me the clips of Weiner, or is it Wiener (i before e, except in neighbor and weigh, and some other exceptions that I left in fifth grade English) and his twerps (or is HE the twerp, sending tweets to twits, or the twit who tweets twerps) AAARRRRGH!

     Is it me, or are there more people stopping in the middle of the OUT lane on the shopping center parking lot talk on their cell phones?

     Why is it that no one complains about vocal music in restaurants, but when I do, people at nearby tables lean toward me conspiratorially and say, "Thank you"? Or applaud when I get up and turn down the raucous noise when I know where the volume controls are hidden?
     Besides, why do stores, restaurants, pharmacies, doctor's offices, play loud vocal music over tinny pot speakers in the ceiling when every single lovin' soul in the vicinity except me has Ipods plugging semi-permanently into their heads? Is it true that the latest surgical trend is ear-plug Ipods, with automatic update guarantees?

     If you are of a certain age, you are in no hurry to pick up the phone when it rings, particularly if you have the antique called a land line, because it's probably a robo call of some sort. Yet whoever does not answer is full of questions, especially if you've been married a long time: "Who was it?"
     "Nobody."
     "What did they want?"
     "Don't care. Hung up."

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reasonable comments are welcome: